Year of FIT Kick Off RetreatFiber, Inclusivity, Tension...this is how we make what we LOVE!
Cost:$450.00 – $500.00 per person
Duration:2h – 7h 30min
Schedule:January 14 - 16, 2024
About this experience
Kick Off Year 2: Fiber Inclusivity and Tension with Jen Parroccini of One Wild Designs. Jen is going to bring her experience and expertise as a knitwear designer. This retreat is for ALL stitchers! We are going to have conversations about fit and handmade wardrobe to help you become the best maker for your body.
The shop will be closed for all retreat activities. We are excited to have this event in the shop to have all the resources we need at our fingertips. If you want to have the full experience of being away OR if you are traveling from somewhere else in the US, we have a negotiated rate with Drury Inn & Suites - Creve Coeur. Our corporate code is 334897. Click here to book your room! Drury Inn & Suites includes a hot breakfast and an evening Kickback as part of your rate.
To hear from Jen about the retreat, click here to watch our announcement.
This retreat schedule includes:
Sunday, January 14, 5 - 7 PM: Retreat Attendee Meet & Greet
- Spend time with new and old fiber friends
Monday, January 15: Day One Fun!
- Begin arriving around 8:30 AM to settle into your spot.
- Nicole will start our day at 9 AM with Yoga for Stitchers! She will make sure our bodies are ready for the next 2 days of stitching.
- Jen will join us to get started at 10 AM and go until 5:30 PM. The day will include:
- Hand Knit Wardrobe planning
- Pattern Evaluation: Find patterns that fit your desired plan or for those you enjoy making to wear
- Social Stitching
Tuesday, January 16: Day Two Joy!
- We will be open at 8:30 AM to get the day started.
- We will start at 9 AM and go until 4 PM
- YOUR Measurements are a must! We will help you take your measurements and record them for future reference in all your making.
- Modifications! Modifications! Modifications! Let's talk about how to modify patterns to accommodate for YOUR body!
- Casting on & Social Stitching to kick off the first Stitch Along of the year!
We will have breaks throughout. All meals will be on your own. We have a variety of options in our shopping center and nearby, or you can pack a lunch to enjoy at the table.
Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages will be supplied. If you have a specific request, we advise to bring it. We can store a limited amount in our refridgerator if needed.
The retreat will include Retreat T-Shirts, Notion Pouch, and Stitch Markers for both Crochet and Knitters, and one knit or crochet pattern from FIT inclusive designers.
Yarncom will be rolling out FIT gear in 2024. Buy the entire package now and save! It will include a special FIT edition Organizer to hold your Sweater Starter kit, Stitch Markers, Measurement Tool, and a couple of books to reference for future projects. This has a retail value of $85.
Class Reservation Policies:
- Refunds or Cancellations will be available with a $50 administration fee. Yarncom must be notified no later than January 1, 2024 if you will not be attending.
Jen Parroccini is a knitwear designer, educator, and coach focused on impeccable fit. She's focused on creating size-inclusive designs and the resources that ALL knitters need to fit their unique bodies as they are today. Jen writes patterns that bring a fresh lens on what handknits can do in your wardrobe, featuring modern silhouettes, fine finishing, and shaping that's designed to fit. Jen is committed to community - supported education, and co-produces a video podcast, blogs, and writes a weekly newsletter - all packed with the tools knitters need to make their knits their own. She lives in Pittsburgh, PA with her husband and daughter, and when she's not knitting or writing she's definitely making soup.